Shall we gather at the river!
The mission statement for Saxapahaw United Methodist Church:
To know Christ and to make Christ known though loving, learning, and serving.
Help Feed a Hungry Child:
Support Our Community
Snack Pack Program
The Snack Pack Ministry at B. Everett Jordan Elementary School began in 2012 when churches across Southern Alamance County were exploring ways to address issues of food insecurity in our community. (SAFE Food Ministry opened its doors in 2013). Currently, Cedar Cliff UMC, Saxapahaw UMC, Mt. Olive Baptist, Moore's Chapel Baptist, and Chatham Friends are partnering to meet the needs of children at our local elementary schools. Many of these children receive breakfast and lunch at school during the week but have few resources over the weekend. So each Friday these children go home with a "snack pack" containing two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners, fruit and vegetables, and other snacks. At different times during the year they get extras, like toothbrushes and toothpaste, or peanut butter and jelly. You can support this ministry two ways: by giving financially so that we can purchase the food we need, or by adding a few items to your grocery list (see items below).
· Instant Oatmeal
· Individual boxes of cereal
· Breakfast bars / granola bars / Pop tarts
· Individual macaroni and cheese
· Vienna sausages (must be pop top)
· Individual ravioli/stew/soup (must be pop top)
· Individual cans of veggies (must be pop top)
· Small jars of peanut butter (packed once a month)
· Small plastic containers of jelly (packed once a month)
· Individual boxes of raisins or other dried fruit
· Individual bags of goldfish or other crackers
· Individual packages of peanut butter/cheese crackers
· Individual Jello/pudding
· Individual cans of fruit (in fruit juice, not heavy syrup)
· Individual containers of applesauce
· 100% Fruit snacks or fruit leather
This community will provide snack packs to approximately 90 children for 36 weeks this school year. Providing nutritious food that the children will enjoy costs about $6/week/child. How will you help feed a hungry child this school year?
Questions? Talk to Nancy Bare or Pastor Billy.